If you’re embarking on a project that involves cutting precise channels in walls, a top-quality wall chaser is an indispensable tool. Whether you’re a professional tradesperson or a DIY enthusiast, finding the proper wall chaser can make all the difference. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the leading options in the market, including the best wall chasers with dust extractors for a clean and hassle-free workspace.
Read also: How to save money on building materials?
If you’re in the UK and seeking the finest wall chaser, we’ve got you covered with our expert recommendations. We’ll also look at renowned brands like Metabo, Makita, and Ryobi, known for their exceptional wall chaser offerings.
Whether you’re looking for the best wall chaser for sale or want to upgrade your current tool, this guide will help you make an informed decision. Join us as we navigate the world of wall chasers and discover the perfect one to meet your cutting needs, ensuring precision and efficiency at every step. Let’s get started on your journey to a seamless wall-chasing experience!
- 1. DeWalt Wall Chaser DCG200 54v XR Flexvolt Cordless
- 2. Metabo Wall Chaser MFE40 110v 1900W 40mm Wall Chaser c/w triple blade
- 3. Metabo Wall Chaser Metabo MFE 40 125mm Wall Chaser 1700W 110V
- 4. Flex Wall Chaser MS-1706 Wall Chaser 140mm Disc
- What is a Wall Chaser?
- Can I Use an Angle Grinder to Chase Walls?
- The Most Popular Wall Chaser Brands
The cordless wall chaser from DeWalt, which goes by plate number 1, is an exceptional tool powered by a 54v Flexvolt battery. Users can choose a complete kit or a bare tool based on their requirements. If you opt for the full kit, you will receive a carry case, battery charger, and two batteries, which can run at 2.0ah when paired with 54v tools or 6.0ah when combined with the DeWalt 18v XR range.
When it comes to specifications, the DeWalt wall chaser is unparalleled. The battery voltage is 54v and uses DeWalt XR Flexvolt Lithium Ion batteries. The tool’s maximum depth of cut is 32mm, with a no-load speed of 9000 rpm. This wall chaser is ideal for professionals requiring a dependable, high-performing tool. It boasts a blade diameter of 125mm, a blade thickness of 3mm, and a blade bore size of 22.23mm. The spindle diameter is 14mm and can cut up to 35mm in width. The hand/arm vibration measures at 4.7m/s2.
This tool is an excellent choice for electric installations as it can cut up to 40mm deep and quickly lay cables and pipes under plaster. It has a powerful motor and two-speed high-performance gear for efficient work progress. The machine is also comfortable with a sturdy aluminium die-cast hood and an ergonomic handle. The Metabo Marathon motor ensures a long lifespan, while the TC-Full Wave Electronics technology maintains a constant speed even under load. Additionally, it has an electronic soft start and restart protection features for safe working conditions and produces low dust for a cleaner workspace. Overall, this product is an excellent option for anyone needing a reliable tool for their electric installation needs.
The Metabo MFE 40 Wall Chaser is a powerful tool for cable and pipe-laying jobs. It’s perfect for plaster work with a cutting depth of up to 40mm. Its Tacho-Constamatic TC-Full Wave Electronics maintains a constant speed under load for faster progress, and electronic soft start and restart protection keeps you safe while you work. The machine is highly customizable, with adjustable channel width and cutting depth. Overall, it’s an excellent tool with top-notch performance and safety features.
Achieving precise and efficient wall-chasing is made possible with the highly versatile Flex MS-1706 wall chaser. It features FR electronic control for constant speed, soft start, overload protection, and temperature monitoring. The swivel-mounted motor offers push and pull cutting, while optimal dust extraction and enclosed guard ensure safety. Adjusting blades and slit width is tool-free, and the tool can cut two parallel slots up to 35mm deep and 30mm wide. With an input power of 1,400 watts and a weight of 4.6kg, this wall chaser is a reliable and efficient choice.
What is a Wall Chaser?
A wall chaser, also known as a wall groove cutter or wall slotter, is a power tool designed for cutting precise channels or grooves into walls and other vertical surfaces. It is commonly used in construction, renovation, and electrical or plumbing installations to create openings for wires, pipes, or conduits without damaging the wall’s integrity.
Key features of a wall chaser typically include:
- Cutting Blades: Wall chasers have one or more cutting blades or discs that rotate at high speeds. These blades are adjustable in depth and width to create grooves of various sizes.
- Dust Extraction: Many wall chasers have a built-in dust extraction system or can be connected to a vacuum cleaner. This feature helps minimise dust and debris generated during cutting, making the workspace cleaner and safer.
- Depth Adjustment: Users can adjust the cutting depth to create grooves of different depths, ensuring the channels are precisely sized for the cables or pipes they need to accommodate.
- Guide Rails: Some wall chasers have guide rails or templates to assist in creating straight and uniform channels.
Wall chasers are especially valuable when concealing wires, cables, or pipes within walls, as they allow for a neat and professional finish. They are available in various sizes and configurations to suit different cutting requirements and can be an essential tool for professionals in construction, electrical, plumbing, and other related trades.
Can I Use an Angle Grinder to Chase Walls?
Yes, you can use an angle grinder to chase walls, but it’s essential to do so cautiously and with the right attachments. An angle grinder is a versatile power tool commonly used for cutting, grinding, and polishing, and it can be adapted for wall chasing with the following considerations:
- Safety Precautions: Safety should be a top priority when using an angle grinder for wall chasing. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hearing protection, and a dust mask, as wall tracking can produce significant dust and noise.
- Choose the Right Blade: To use an angle grinder for wall chasing, you’ll need a diamond cutting blade designed for this purpose. These blades have a specific design for creating channels or grooves in walls without causing excessive dust or damage to the wall material.
- Adjustable Guard: Ensure that your angle grinder has an adjustable guard that can be set to the desired cutting depth. This helps maintain control and prevents the blade from cutting too deep into the wall.
- Dust Extraction: Consider attaching a dust extraction system or vacuum cleaner to your angle grinder to minimize dust and debris generated during cutting. This improves visibility and reduces the health hazards associated with inhaling dust particles.
- Proper Technique: Use a straight edge or a chalk line to create linear and uniform channels. Keep a firm grip on the angle grinder and apply consistent, even pressure as you move it along the desired path.
- Work in Sections: It’s often best to work in small sections, gradually deepening the channel as needed rather than cutting the entire length simultaneously. This allows for greater control and precision.
An angle grinder for wall chasing can be a cost-effective solution for occasional or small-scale projects. However, dedicated wall chasers with built-in dust extraction systems and depth adjustments may provide better results, efficiency, and safety for larger or more frequent wall-chasing tasks. Always follow safety guidelines and manufacturer recommendations when using power tools for wall chasing or other tasks.
The Most Popular Wall Chaser Brands
Regarding wall chasers, several reputable brands are known for producing high-quality and reliable tools. DeWalt, Metabo, and Makita are among the top brands in the industry, each offering a range of wall chasers that cater to various needs and preferences. Here’s a brief overview of these brands and their strengths:
- Reputation: DeWalt is a well-established brand known for its durable and professional-grade power tools. They have a strong reputation for delivering reliable and high-performance equipment.
- Innovation: DeWalt often incorporates innovative features into their wall chasers, such as advanced dust extraction systems, adjustable cutting depths, and ergonomic designs for user comfort.
- Variety: DeWalt offers a variety of wall chasers designed to meet the needs of professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike, ensuring a suitable option for different applications.
- German Engineering: Metabo is a German brand known for its precision engineering and high-quality craftsmanship. Their wall chasers are known for their durability and precision.
- Dust Extraction: Metabo is often praised for its efficient dust extraction systems, which help maintain a clean and healthy working environment.
- Versatility: Metabo wall chasers are designed to handle a wide range of materials, making them versatile tools for professionals who work with different wall types.
- Reliability: Makita is a trusted brand known for its reliability and longevity. Many professionals prefer Makita tools for their consistent performance and durability.
- Innovation: Makita often incorporates advanced technology into their wall chasers, including brushless motors for longer tool life and intelligent features for optimized performance.
- Ease of Use: The Makita wall chasers prioritize user comfort, boasting ergonomic handles and controls that make operation a breeze.